Levels and Exams
The language levels of the CILS certification follow the guidelines established in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The certification allows foreign students to be admitted to the Italian higher education system, while the successful completion of the CILS Level Two – B2 exam allows foreign students to avoid the Italian language proficiency test for university admission.
These are therefore six levels of proficiency:
- the CILS A1 and the CILS A2, for those who are in the early stages of the Italian learning process. For these levels the exam lasts two hours.
- “Livello Uno“, which corresponds to level B1 of the European Framework, assesses the basic level of competence of the users, necessary for the autonomous use of the language in everyday contexts. In these cases the exam lasts three hours.
- “Livello Due” (B1 level of the Framework) and is an intermediate level, where students are able to demonstrate the ability to use the fundamental bases of the language, in a wide variety of contexts and situations. The exam at this level takes about four hours.
- “Livello Tre” (C1 level of the Framework) demonstrates a high competence in the use of the Italian language, for a student able to use Italian effectively in a much wider range of contexts. The exam lasts about five hours.
- “Livello Quattro“, the C2 of the Framework, is the most advanced level, which testifies to a use of the language close to the mother tongue level. The exam lasts about five and a half hours.
In general, the exams are produced and evaluated by the Certification Center of the University for Foreigners of Siena and consist of a listening test, a reading test, an analysis of the communication structures, a written and an oral test.
The exams are held throughout the year at the University for Foreigners of Siena (only an hour drive from our school in Florence).
Customized Online Option
For those who cannot come to Florence, but wish to pursue the route taken studying Italian or who simply need a refresher of their language skills, our teachers are available to structure short customized courses via Skype, to build a path aimed at obtaining the CILS certificate.
Timetable & Prices
Italian lessons every morning and in the early afternoon.
4 group lessons + 2 private lessons, exclusively focused on exam preparation
Classes from 9.00 am to 12.20 pm and 1.10pm to 2.50 pm.
We are here to help.Contact us
Details & Conditions
2020 Starting Dates
Non-beginners → every Monday
Beginners → every two weeks
07/01, 20/01, 03/02, 17/02, 02/03, 16/03, 30/03, 06/04, 20/04, 04/05, 18/05, 01/06, 15/06, 29/06, 06/07, 13/07, 20/07, 27/07, 03/08, 17/08, 31/08, 07/09, 14/09, 21/09, 05/10, 19/10, 02/11, 16/11, 30/11, 07/12
For any other number of weeks or to add any extra, contact us for a personal quote.
Each course includes: evaluation of Italian knowledge level, learning material, certificate of attendance, yoga lessons twice a week at school, one coupon for learning tours, general support during the stay, wi-fi access, dvd & book loan.
Discover our Learning Holidays, packages which comprehends courses, tours and accommodation!